The Home Page Slider is one of the first things visitors see when landing on your home page. It’s a tool you can use for displaying high quality photos of your school community and for bringing attention to upcoming events, recent accomplishments, and other important school news.
Introducing the Home Page Slider is a video tutorial that shares a wealth of knowledge on using this feature of your school site. The video covers topics like what kind of photos work best on the slider, the dimensions for slider photos, and offers recommendations on the number of photos to use. The video also takes you step-by-step through adding photos to the slider, creating titles and links, as well as how to edit photos so they fit into the slider.
The video lasts 30 minutes, but see the list below for a timeline of specific topics.
- 00:00 – 00:42 – Introduction
- 00:43 – 01:35 – Types of Photos
- 01:36 – 02:07 – How Many Photos
- 02:08 – 07:14 – Adding a Photo
- 07:15 – 08:05 – Why Use Titles & Links
- 08:06 – 10:59 – Adding a Title
- 11:00 – 13:51 – Adding a Link
- 13:52 – 19:41 – Editing a Photo in WordPress
- 19:42 – 25:10 – Editing Hard to Fit Photos